Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DAR WILLIAMS: CRYSTAL CREEK


CRYSTAL CREEK is another great song from this special album. The voice of DAR WILLIAMS sounds magic. She draws with it the picture I would like to stay. Hope You Like.






LYRICS

You so fleet and youthful must have split a thousand apples.
Oh I watched you as you steadied first your heart then your breath
Venturing out you scanned a thousand blades of grass,
And when you drew your bowstring, it was a swift and cordial death.

As you stood in the wilderness
Did you feel the silence in the stillness?

That was me with you in the forest
For you knew the balances
The balances before us.
I was guarding Crystal, crystal creek

Oh a tree it's a record, a home of memories,
And every bird springs from an old master's canvas, full in flight.
And the pond I go to sparkles in a vast estuary,
And those men saw nothing staring drunken through their sites.

The one who spied me out as goods to plunder,
I had to show the world that he was not a true hunter.

That was me,
When he saw me naked,
He was interrupting,
Something sacred.
I was guarding Crystal, crystal creek

And the newsmen circled 
Leaving trails of cigarette butts  
Machine like, up the hill to crystal creek  
“Jane,” she said “who would do this thing  
I’ve seen today? I cannot hold my mic  
My hands are shaking; knees are weak 
Found a man and he was wrapped in a deerskin  
Riddled through with boxes of his friends ammunition 
 “Turn the camera off”, she said.  
And that was me  
All my noble animals  
You must act with reverence not like cannibals 
I was guarding crystal creek.

If You Prefer To Write your comment in Spanish. Please Click HERE.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...