Tuesday, May 10, 2011

JOHN GRANT: SIGOURNEY WEAVER.

 
One of the great surprises of last year was "Queen Of Denmark" (2010). Claimed by the critics, debut solo album of JOHN GRANT. He was the vocalist of The Czars in the past, without great success. But he finally had critical acclaim, and  "Queen of Denmark" was proclaimed as one of the best albums of 2010. And we completely agree with that decision because it is an album that hooks you. And you need to hear again and again, despite having a rather archaic production brings us back to the seventies and is reminiscent of Al Stewart and Cat Stevens. His tortured personal life has been the greatest source of inspiration for this great album from which we offer SIGOURNEY WEAVER one of his songs more ironic. You can listen it in a acoustic session and  the album version. Hope you like it.






LYRICS

When I woke up today, the air was very strange
I couldn't feel my skin and there was evil in my bones
I tried to speak but found that I didn't have a voice
It was a prison like the one you would find in the twilight zone

And I feel just like Sigourney Weaver
When she had to kill those aliens
And one guy tried to get them back to the earth
And she couldn't believe her ears

So I was taken or I went towards what was west
Where the ground was dead and struvk out at the giant sky
The sky was black and filled with tiny silver holes
And it was there with the frightened voice that I began to cry out loud

I feel just like Winona Ryder
In that movie about vampires
And she couldn't get that accent right
Neither could that other guy

And I feel just like I am on Jupiter
One man looks like rainbows, sure
But it doesn't lend itself to life
And I haven't finished yet


If you prefer to write your comment in Spanish. Please Click HERE

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...