Thursday, January 20, 2011

SAU: BOIG PER TU.


SAU was one of the pioneers of Catalan rock group, and one of the most successful of the movement. Its main components were Carles Sabater, singer, and Pep Sala, who played guitar and sometimes keyboards. The group was formed in 1987 and lasted until 1999 when the death of Carles Sabater. We have chosen one of their most emblematic song: BOIG PER TU (Quina Nit, 1990). Some people know this song sung by LUZ CASAL and adapted to Castilian with the title ES POR TI. Then hear the two versions.




LYRICS

A la terra humida escric
nena estic boig per tu,
em passo els dies
esperant la nit.

Com et puc estimar
si de mi estàs tan lluny;
servil i acabat
boig per tu.

Sé molt bé que des d'aquest bar
jo no puc arribar on ets tu,
però dins la meva copa veig
reflexada la teva llum, me la beuré;
servil i acabat, boig per tu.

Quan no hi siguis al matí,
les llàgrimes es perdran
entre la pluja
que caurà avui.

Em quedaré atrapat
ebri d'aquesta llum
servil i acabat
boig per tu.

Sé molt bé que des d'aquest bar
jo no puc arribar on ets tu,
però dins la meva copa veig
reflexada la teva llum, me la beuré;
servil i acabat boig per tu. 


ES POR TI covered by LUZ CASAL




If you prefer to write your comments in Spanish, please click HERE
Don't Forget to write the name of the song before commenting 




4 comments:

SERGI said...

Great, a perfect song.
I remenber a lot of nights singing this song in pubs, at the first time of the night, at le last time, and sometimeswhen the night is out

MIDAS said...

I supposed you like it. This is a historical song that hides a beautiful poetry. one of those songs that move me.

Scout Finch said...

This is not a song, this is a intergenerational hymn, probably one of the most beautiful songs on Earth. Moreover, it brings into my mind a thousand memories of me being 18 years old and singing it with my friends. I'm so happy to find it here!!

I owe you a comment on your songs post, I'll do it later :-)

MIDAS said...

I think it's the kind of songs I want for this blog. I think I found the identity of "Delicatessens". At first, I had some ideas of how it should be. But now I see clearly, thanks to songs like this.

I will be waiting your comments anxiously.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...