Saturday, January 29, 2011

CAT POWER: THE GREATEST


Behind the name CAT POWER hides Chan Marshall an American singer-songwriter. She is known for her minimalist style, sparse guitar and piano playing, and breathy vocals. She recorded her first album at 1996. Her career has been linked to the indepent scene. One of the most popular and successful songs is THE GREATEST included on the album of the same name, a decada after she released her debut album (2006). She has published  nine albums to date.




LYRICS

Once I wanted to be the greatest
No wind or waterfall could STALL me
And then came the rush of the flood
The stars at night turned DEEP to dust

Melt me down
into big black armour
Leave no trace
Of grace
Just in your honor
Lower me down
TO CULPRIT SOUTH
Make 'EM WASH A SPACE IN TOWN
FOR THE LEAD
AND THE DREGS OF MY BED
I'VE BEEN SLEEPING
Lower me down
PIN ME IN
Secure the grounds
For the later parade

Once I wanted to be the greatest
TWO FISTS OF SOLID ROCK
WITH BRAINS THAT COULD EXPLAIN
Any feeling
Lower me down
PIN ME IN
Secure the grounds
FOR THE LEAD
AND THE DREGS OF MY BED
I'VE BEEN SLEEPING
For the later parade

Once I wanted to be the greatest
No wind or water fall could STALL me
And then came the rush of the flood
The stars at night turned DEEP to dust


If you prefer to write your comments in Spanish, please click HERE



4 comments:

Scout Finch said...

You know I love this song. Such sensibility, delicacy, her breathy voice, the piano base and delightful violins to give it an emotional tone. Absolutely delicious!!!

MIDAS said...

I love it too. This is one of those songs that I like to share with the people I care.

SERGI said...

I love this song. I put a post whit she in my blog, is plenty of sensibility, and whit a precious lyrics
A great song

MIDAS said...

Her discography is full of greatest songs but I think this song is very special because connects with our feelings.

Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate your efforts to write in English. You're a great guy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...